Interchange Australia is always in need of the generous helping hand offered by volunteers.
Our volunteers are special, contributing so much to the clients and families we help.
Some volunteers help for an hour or two a week, others from 9.00 am to 3.00 pm one day a week in our centre based facility. Some help from home or their workplace whenever they can.
Interchange Australia tries to work with our volunteers to find things they like to do at a time that suits them.
We can always use a hand with the following activities –
- helping parents and their children with special needs,
- helping clients in our inclusive centre based facility,
- helping on our Peer Support and Social Support activities,
- helping with providing Host Family respite support for clients so that carers can take a break,
- fundraising such as organising or contributing to stalls at fairs, helping with raffles and approaching local businesses for donations, and
- marketing and promotional activities.
We understand that some people can’t always volunteer at a set time every week. Some volunteers need the flexibility to come in occasionally or on a semi-regular basis. Others would like to do things at home or at work.
Together we can work out an arrangement that suits us both.
Volunteers help out for many reasons. Sometimes it’s because they want to give something back to the community. Sometimes their employer encourages them and allows them the time to do some community work. Sometimes it’s to learn new skills or update old ones. Sometimes it’s for personal development or to widen their circle of friends.
Whatever the reason, we would love to hear from you.
If you would like to speak to someone about volunteering at Interchange Australia please complete the form below or call 1300 112 334.