23 March 2018
The Positive Benefits of Swimming and Aquatic Activities – By Interchange Australia Consultant, Amber Hall
Swimming and aquatic activities are very popular recreational activities for many Australians. As well as being incredibly fun, they offer abundant positive health benefits. At Interchange Australia we are proud to support our clients participating in swimming and aquatic activities at both public pools and beaches.
• provides a workout for all ages;
• relaxation and alleviation of stress;
• caters for a range of fitness levels from low-impact to vigorous;
• builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness;
• improves flexibility, coordination, balance and posture; and
• provides an all-over body workout, using most muscles
Interchange Australia provides a range of supports to assist our clients to participate in swimming and other aquatic activities, including:
• day programs – at all of our campuses our clients attend swimming programs as part of their weekly activities;
• 1:1 support to attend swimming lessons at local public pools. One of our clients was afraid to enter the water a year ago and now enthusiastically attends every week. Another client is supported to attend squad training at a competitive level;
• 1:1 support to attend hydrotherapy classes where clients are able to experience gentle exercises in warm water to assist recovery of injuries or maintain muscle strength;
• weekend activities – our clients participate in the popular Disabled Surfers Day at Gerroa each year; and
• ASDESI Holiday Kids Klub – the children who attend the Holiday Kids Klub have greatly benefited from visiting beaches on the South Coast and participating in surfing lessons
To discuss how you can positively benefit from swimming and other aquatic activities with Interchange Australia, please contact one of our friendly consultants on 1300 112 334..