6 June 2018
Interchange Australia: Offering Exciting Activities and Experiences! – By Interchange Australia Consultant, Amber Hall
It is widely recognised that families and carer’s play the most important role in the lives of our clients. It is critical that they are provided with support to sustain these important relationships. At Interchange Australia we are proud to provide our participants with a wide range of exciting social activities and experiences that support our clients to live rewarding lives and be independent from their families.
What activities and experiences does Interchange Australia provide?
Life and Leisure
- themed dinner groups (Trivia, Bingo, Movie nights and many more!)
- Saturday experiences (special events throughout NSW including shows (Berry, Camden), Wings Over Illawarra, Nitro Circus, movie days, AFL & NRL games, National Park walks, theatre performances, museums and many more!).
- social support groups that include attending local community activities and cooking.
Art and Culture
- music programs, drama classes and art workshops!
Fun and Fitness
- tenpin bowling, golf, sporting activities including at PCYC and attendance at special days including Disabled Surfers Day at Gerroa.
- Interchange Australia’s annual rock concert RockCan, regular battle of bands competitions Rock the Houses and Drama performances.
- ASDESI Holiday Kids Klub – a holiday program for kids with Autism.
What are the Positive Benefits?
- Friendships – developing new friendships.
- Participating in a wide range of exciting community activities and events.
- Increasing skills – drama, music, fitness and cooking skills.
- Socialising in a wide variety of settings including National Parks, theatres, stadiums, restaurants and many more!
- Unique and exciting experiences.
- Increasing independence.
- Self-confidence – our support workers are continually commenting on how our clients are increasing their self-confidence by participating in activities.
- Increasing communication skills.
- Increasing fitness and wellbeing.
How Can You Register?
To register and join these exciting activities and be part of these exciting experiences, please call 1300 112 334.