2 May 2017
Benefits of Joining the ASDESI Program – By Interchange Australia Consultant, Amber Hall
The Kollege of Knowledge Kommittee for Kids (KKKK) and Interchange Australia work together to support families with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. The Autism Spectrum Disorder Education Support & Information (ASDESI) program provides coordinated programmes including an eligibility assessment, early intervention, respite, and social support for families with a child with ASD.
What are the benefits of joining the ASDESI program?
There are numerous benefits of joining the ASDESI program including:
• supporting the individual goals of your child: For example, learning a new skill such as playing the guitar, assistance with homework, social support or community participation;
• providing support to carers: We understand that if the carer is supported then they will have increased capacity to care for their child;
• flexibility: We will accommodate individual needs, for example, if your child would like to attend the Holiday program for half a day rather than a full day;
• dedicated caring, qualified and experienced staff: During the last ASDESI Holiday Kids Klub held in April, a parent wrote “Thank you for being awesome!”, this is a testament to the quality of our staff; and
• engaging and exciting activities for clients to engage in: A wide range of sport, leisure and creative arts activities are offered, including archery, surfing, golf, cricket, foot golf, trips to the beach, including puppet making, music and a lot more!
When, where and what time is the next ASDESI Holiday Kids Klub program?
The next holiday program will be held from 9:00am-3:00pm at Gib Cottage, 57 Kirkham Road, Bowral on the following dates:
• Tuesday 4th July – Thursday 6th July 2017; and
• Tuesday 11th July – Thursday 13th July 2017
How much does the ASDESI Holiday Kids Klub cost and how do I register?
One day $30, two days $40, three days $50, more than 3 days, an additional $15 per day including all meals. Contact Amber on 4868 6677 or email [email protected] for a registration form.
The NDIS and Autism?
Providing you are an Australian citizen with a diagnosis of ASD, you are eligible for the NDIS. Please call the NDIS Helpline on 1800 800 110 or visit the NDIS website.
Where can I find more information on ASDESI?
Please visit the ASDESI Facebook page or phone Interchange Australia on 4868 6677.